Saturn V rocket allowed humans to land on the Moon. But it is also masterpiece of space engineering. Story of this rocked begins many years before American dream of landing on the Moon, during World War II and development of V2 rockets. This poster is detailed redesign of iconic poster "Saturn V Apollo Flight Configuration" published by Boeing, 1st January of 1968.
Redesigning of the poster, was preceded long research of the data and reading the original manual of the Saturn V rocket by Michał Ostaszewski. Poster also containing additional data and timeline of work of the rocket based on Apollo 11 launch sequence.
Key points of our redesigned poster:
• more than 120 details based on original drawing,
• Saturn V, 3D model with more than 100 megapixel resolution,
• 2 scales - in inches and meters,
• timeline of Apollo 11 launch sequence,
• isometric scale of the rocket model,
• Moon background image based on original Apollo 12 Mission Scan - AS12-55-8225.
As of 2022, the Saturn V remains (until first flight of the SLS, not launched until time of writing this) the only launch vehicle to carry humans beyond low Earth orbit. Saturn V holds records for the heaviest payload launched and largest payload capacity to low Earth orbit: 310,000 lb (140,000 kg), which included the third stage and unburned propellant needed to send the Apollo command and service module and Lunar Module to the Moon.
The largest production model of the Saturn family of rockets, the Saturn V was designed under the direction of Wernher von Braun at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville in Alabama. The lead contractors were Boeing, North American Aviation, Douglas Aircraft Company, and IBM. A total of 15 flight-capable vehicles were built, plus three for ground testing. Thirteen were launched from Kennedy Space Center with no loss of crew or payload.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 inkjet printer for maximum color sharpness,
- High UV resistance and long colour fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Environmentally friendly product – we use odourless, water- based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the print in a reusable, safe cardboard tube. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimising the amount of waste generated.
Infographic poster redesigned by Michał Ostaszewski.
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints below - Fine Art and Poster.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.
I bought 3 posters on sale. Nevertheless, they weren't the cheapest out there, but I was completely blown away by the sheer quality of the prints. Text is razor sharp, the colours are spot on. Won't be hesitating before my next purchase.