The second in a series of photos taken during the 2018 Perseid Shower over Sokolica. In the first half of August, Earth crosses the remnants of stardust and debris left behind by comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle. It is thanks to this phenomenon that every year we can observe Perseids in the sky. For years they have been delighting observers and successively attracting more audiences by becoming an increasingly popular event.
The symbolism and beauty of "shooting stars" make your heart beat faster. Before the moment of their highest intensity in 2018, I tried to find a place from which I could photograph this phenomenon in an interesting way, in a way that no one has ever done in Poland. It fell on a small peak in the Pieniny Mountains, Sokolica, with a 500-year-old pine tree growing from the top of the peak. The place is extremely charming and internationally recognized. Many factors influenced the realization of my plan, but luck was with me and most of all the weather was perfect, which resulted in a frame exactly as I dreamed.
Unfortunately, a few days after this photo was taken, the iconic and internationally recognized tree was damaged during a helicopter rescue operation. The pine tree was cut down and the photograph gained additional uniqueness not only because of the first such shot of the night sky with its participation, but also due to the fact that the next one will not be created.
This photo is one of two taken that night on Sokolica. Although its execution was not as challenging as photo "Perseid Meteor Shower", the unique framing gives it a completely different aesthetic value. Apart from the iconic pine tree, the photograph shows the Milky Way and two meteors from the Perseid Shower. The shot is complemented by the view of the Tatra Mountains and the Dunajec River valley shrouded in mist.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 inkjet printer for maximum color sharpness,
- High UV resistance and long colour fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Environmentally friendly product – we use odourless, water- based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the print in a reusable, safe cardboard tube. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimising the amount of waste generated.
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints below - Fine Art and Poster.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.
Piękna fotografia, która przedstawia coś co jest już historia. Wydruk bardzo dobrej jakości mimo dużego formatu. Trochę długo czekał, ale wisi już tam gdzie jego miejsce.
Piękny obraz zawierający niewiarygodnie dużą ilość drobnych szczegółów, jednym słowem MISTRZOSTWO!!
Druk oraz wykorzystane materiały najwyższej jakości.
Piękne zdjęcie! Zamówiłam na płótnie. Prezentuje się wspaniale!
Byłam na Sokolicy 10 lat temu i taką sosenkę widziałam i zapamiętałam.
Piękne zdjęcie, tym bardziej że aktualnie Sokolica już tak nie wygląda. Polecam
Zdecydowanie najlepiej wydane pieniądze na przestrzeni ostatnich miesięcy. Obraz pełen barw i szczegółów. Pokój nabiera zupełnie innego życia, staje się zupełnie innym miejscem.