Tarantula Nebula is the biggest nebulosity and star forming region in the Large Magellanic Cloud, the satellite galaxy of the Milky Way. It is large enough that it can be easily spotted by the naked eye from a distance of 170 000 of light years, on the Southern Hemisphere. This image taken by Hubble Space Telescope is a composite image of a portion of the Tarantula Nebula's central cavity illustrates the profound effect new stars can have on their environment.
The young stars of 30 Doradus located in the center of the field of view are acting something like cosmic, decidedly non-eco-friendly light bulbs. Each star cranks out a dazzlingly high wattage in the form of optical and ultraviolet (UV) radiation. That flood of UV light and the gusts of hot particles also flowing freely from these stars have hollowed out a bubble in the gaseous nebula.
While the nebula's gas and dust seem to have withered under that stellar glare, interesting features arise at the edges of the bubble. This exposed rim has been compressed into sharp ridges. Resembling the surface of a choppy ocean, these uneven edges curve, branch, and form awkward peaks that jut back into the bubble's punishing environment. Only with Hubble's exceptional resolution could the real intricacy and three-dimensionality of these features be revealed.
The high-resolution Hubble data have been combined with ground-based observations that trace hydrogen gas (in red with the H alpha emission line) and oxygen (in blue - OIII emission line). Together, this region can be appreciated as a microcosm of the larger nebula: a swirling palette of gas, dust, and stars in the midst of tumultuous upheaval.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 color inkjet printer for maximum sharpness and color reproduction quality,
- High UV resistance and long color fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Canvas prints are printed on 360 g/m2 on cotton-synthetic canvas, to the delivery destinations to Europe we send to you a framed canvas on wooden frame - ready for exhibit on your wall. For orders beyond Europe, we ship canvas prints as a rolled canvas in a transport tube(need additional framing).
- Environmentally friendly product – we use water-based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the prints (Fine Art and Poster prints) in a reusable, safe cardboard tube as rolled paper sheets. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimizing the amount of waste generated.
Image Credits: NASA, ESA
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints variants below - Fine Art, Poster and Canvas.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.