The picture shows Hala Gąsienicowa, one of the most recognizable landscapes in the Polish Tatra Mountains, bathed in the Geminids' rain. There is a unique element present in the photograph, comet 46P/Wirtanen and the whole composition is completed by the winter Milky Way, which is underestimated by many. The full process of creation of this photo was completed by the possibility of isolated communication with the beauty offered by the night sky. Combined with the remarkable foreground, it was a unique and very profound experience that I wanted to capture.
The first half of December 2018 promised to be extremely interesting for night sky observers. Comet 46P/Wirtanen became a special guest in the night sky and was to become a wonderful object to observe. In addition, the comet's passage through perigee and perihelion coincided with the maximum of the Geminid Meteor Swarm. This chance was impossible to pass up but as always the weather turned out to be crucial.
While on December 13, the day of the highest intensity of Geminids and the comet's approach to Earth, all astronomy lovers were looking sorrowfully into the overcast sky, I managed to spot an inversion in the mountains. This meant that just 600m up there was a clear space perfect for photography. As soon as I realized this I immediately made a decision, packed all the necessary equipment and headed up the mountain. A photograph is a composite of 14 panels, each consisting of a dozen images. Thanks to this technique I had enough time to record a few meteors from the Geminid Meteor Swarm, subtle details of the Milky Way and a comet. There would be nothing very difficult in it if it wasn't for the fact that I took the whole picture for almost 6 hours in the temperature of -15 degrees Celsius.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 inkjet printer for maximum color sharpness,
- High UV resistance and long colour fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Environmentally friendly product – we use odourless, water- based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the print in a reusable, safe cardboard tube. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimising the amount of waste generated.
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints below - Fine Art and Poster.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.