This true color mosaic of Jupiter was constructed from images taken by the narrow angle camera onboard NASA's Cassini spacecraft on December 29, 2000, during its closest approach to the giant planet at a distance of approximately 10 million kilometers (6.2 million miles).
It is the most detailed global color portrait of Jupiter ever produced; the smallest visible features are approximately 60 kilometers (37 miles) across. The mosaic is composed of 27 images: nine images were required to cover the entire planet in a tic-tac-toe pattern, and each of those locations was imaged in red, green, and blue to provide true color. Although Cassini's camera can see more colors than humans can, Jupiter's colors in this new view look very close to the way the human eye would see them.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 inkjet printer for maximum color sharpness,
- High UV resistance and long colour fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Environmentally friendly product – we use odourless, water- based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the print in a reusable, safe cardboard tube. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimising the amount of waste generated.
Image Credits: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints below - Fine Art and Poster.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.