In the first half of August, Earth crosses the remnants of stardust and debris left behind by comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle. It is thanks to this phenomenon that every year we can observe Perseids in the sky. For years they have been delighting observers and successively attracting more audiences by becoming an increasingly popular event.
The symbolism and beauty of "shooting stars" make your heart beat faster. Before the moment of their highest intensity in 2018, I tried to find a place from which I could photograph this phenomenon in an interesting way, in a way that no one has ever done in Poland. It fell on a small peak in the Pieniny Mountains, Sokolica, with a 500-year-old pine tree growing from the top of the peak. The place is extremely charming and internationally recognized. Many factors influenced the realization of my plan, but luck was with me and most of all the weather was perfect, which resulted in a frame exactly as I dreamed.
Unfortunately, a few days after this photo was taken, the iconic and internationally recognized tree was damaged during a helicopter rescue operation. The pine tree was cut down and the photograph became even more unique, not only because it was the first such shot of the night sky with the participation of the pine tree, but also due to the fact that there will not be another one. The whole composition is complemented by a very wide panorama of our galaxy, the Milky Way, against the background of which I was able to record 9 bright Perseid meteors during the night. It was assembled from over 400 constituent images. This makes the resolution of this image over 100 megapixels, making it ideal for large size prints.
- Excellent print quality with the Canon imagePROGRAF Pro4100 12 inkjet printer for maximum color sharpness,
- High UV resistance and long colour fastness,
- Professional Solution photo paper that guarantees high-contrast images and deep blacks and provides excellent tone transitions. You can choose between smooth satin paper weighing 240 g/m2 (Poster) and matte, microporous paper weighing 290 g/m2 (Fine Art),
- Environmentally friendly product – we use odourless, water- based inks from LUCIA PRO,
- Delivery of the print in a reusable, safe cardboard tube. At every stage of the development of our products, we strive to remain environmentally conscious, by using as little plastic as possible and minimising the amount of waste generated.
Our print is the perfect work of art for your interior. Find out more about our prints below - Fine Art and Poster.
Product visualizations are just an example of the arrangement of our prints in interiors. Printouts are delivered in the form of sheets rolled into a transport tube without a frame.